Conditions of Enrollment
Student visa conditions
International students must to be enrolled full time. For undergraduate students at least 12 credits must be taken each semester to be considered full time.
The student is expected to attend all classes, undertake all tests and examinations during a program, and abide by all rules and regulations of UNH that are in force at any time.
The contract between the applicant and UNH is governed by the laws of the United States and the state of New Hampshire. UNH Global Student Success Program (GSSP) may, by written notice, vary the conditions of enrollment as may be necessary to comply with any law, regulation or amendment thereof, of the United States and the state of New Hampshire.
Student can defer his or her program start date a maximum of two times. Subsequent requests for deferral will result in the student needing to re-apply. Deferral requests must be made in writing. If a student wishes to defer his or her admission until a later semester, UNH GSSP will hold the fees paid until commencement without levying a penalty. If the student subsequently withdraws, the Fee Refund Policy will apply as of the date UNH GSSP was advised in writing of the withdrawal. UNH reserves the right to apply the Fee Refund Policy to the date of the initial deferral. UNH GSSP reserves a right to not approve deferral requests.
1. For the purposes of this Refund Policy, term fees are defined as one full-time term of study in any program at the UNH Global Student Success Program (UNH GSSP).
2. All currency in this refund policy is in United States dollars (USD).
3. If an applicant accepts a place offered at the UNH GSSP and pays the administrative fee and/or fees, a binding contract is created between the UNH GSSP and the student.
4. Notification of cancellation or withdrawal from a course(s) or withdrawal or deferral from a program of study must be made in writing to the UNH GSSP, email@example.com, only from the student's email address.
5. Students who dispute the UNH GSSP’s decision regarding a refund have recourse with the Executive Director of the UNH GSSP, whose decision will be final.
6. In the case of cancellation or withdrawal, the cancellation fee (administration charge, if relevant) will be calculated as shown in the table below.
7. In case of a deferral or summer leave of absence, the fees will be retained by the UNH GSSP until recommencement of studies. If the student subsequently withdraws without recommencing studies, the Refund Policy will apply as of the date the UNH GSSP was advised in writing of their withdrawal. UNH GSSP reserves the right to apply the Refund Policy to the date of the initial deferral.
8. Students withdrawing from a course must first consult with a UNH GSSP Advisor to ensure they maintain the minimum course load to satisfy their student visa requirements. Where an I-20 and/or F1 Visa or any other immigration document is rejected due to a breach in student study conditions, a student must withdraw from the UNH GSSP and the cancellation fee will be as per the table below.
9. SEVIS fees paid to the US Department of Homeland Security by the student are not reimbursed by the UNH GSSP.
10. Students whose admission offer is withdrawn or enrollment is terminated due to submission of a false or misleading application or for behavior that violates UNH GSSP standards will not be entitled to any refund of fees.
11. Refunds for students who must withdraw for medical reasons will be based upon the table below.
12. UNH GSSP reserves the right to withdraw a program or course(s) from offer at its discretion. If a student is unable to enroll in a similar program or course(s) at the UNH GSSP and the enrollment is cancelled, all fees will be refunded with the exception of the non-refundable fees.
13. All refunds under this Refund Policy will be paid within six (6) weeks of receiving a completed Refund Request Form and supporting documents from the student.
14. Refunds are to be paid to the person who enters into the contract with the UNH GSSP.
Refund Policy Table
|Student visa refusal (Proof of refusal necessary, for example, letter of visa refusal; rejection from the US embassy)||USD250 administration fee|
|Withdrawal from program (in any semester):|
|Written notice given prior to Start of Term||USD3500|
|Written notice given on or after the Start of Term||100% of semester tuition*|
|Withdrawal from single course(s):|
|Written notice given prior to Add/Drop deadline||No cancellation fee. (Funds remain with UNH GSSP and are credited against enrollment in a subsequent semester. 100% of tuition is forfeited if the student does not re-enroll in a subsequent semester.)|
|Written notice given after Add/Drop deadline||100% of semester tuition*|
Housing and Meal Plan Refund Schedule
Please review the links below for the UNH Room and Board Agreement and for details